Sunday, April 29, 2007

Owen Christopher Boone was Born!







Hello Everyone,

We are so happy to announce the birthday of Owen Christopher Boone, on April 26th, at 9pm.

Owen weighed 7 pounds and 15 ounces, and measured 20 inches. He was strong as an ox through the whole labor, and his mom was no slouch either. It was a long day...after a very bumpy car ride to the doctor's office (I kept my eyes closed to manage my contractions with breathing exercises while Chris drove us efficiently to our appointment) the doctor said I was already 6 centimeters dilated, and sent me directly next door to the hospital, around 10 am. Owen was born at 9pm. We had several twists and turns, but in the end, everybody did what was needed to get the job done. I have new appreciation for all of the mothers I know; it was the hardest day I will never regret!

I will write more in the near future...for now, we have our hands full with trying to teach him to nurse. Tonight, we had our first major success!

We will post some pictures of our new sweetie as soon as this blog site will allow (it doesn't seem to be working tonight, unfortunately.)

8 comments:

Jessie said...

he's precious! I can't wait to see more pics.
congratulations ;)

Jan Boone said...

The pictures are great! What about these stories I hear about crying? I don't see any crying. He's perfectly content...and what do the Squirrels think? Curious, or running for the hills?

mom

Anonymous said...

"I HAVE A GRANDSON, I HAVE A GRANDSON", said the foolish old man running naked through the neighborhood. I guess the notification call should have come earlier in the evening.

Congrats

grandpa...formerly Dad- E O

Jessie said...

I wish I could claim that shirt as my idea. it's brilliant.

Oh, and when did you make it to Boston to take him to Chris' hairdresser?

Judy said...

oh Jessica, he's absolutely beautiful! Great job, both of you!

Joni said...

Welcome to the world, little guy! Congratulations to the proud parents, and keep sending pix, please. Good luck, and take a nap every chance you get (really)

XOXO, Joni

Christopher said...

Congratulations Jess! I am so happy for you both!

Lee Hamill said...

We love the pictures and can't wait to meet Owen in person. We have our hotel booked in Meadowland. We are looking forward to seeing you guys.