Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Trip to Boston

Yesterday, Chris and I went to Boston...for haircuts. And just for you folks who might imagine that it is my vanity requiring us to visit our stylist, Rogue, from the Mark Harris Salon on Newbury Street, let me assure you, I am not the instigator. Those sideburns of Chris's don't just magically happen on their own...

We rolled out of bed somewhere in the ballpark of 5:15 am, and were on the road by 6pm. The George Washington bridge is delightfully empty at that hour. We did arrive in Boston just in time for our late morning appointments, and Rogue worked her magic once again. I had not had my haircut since just before Christmas, so I was looking a little shaggy and in need of a new style. We have future "I just had a baby" pictures to consider...although I am not quite in the same category as the recently heard quote (who I cannot name to credit) that said, "My version of Natural childbirth is having a baby without any make-up on."

Following our haircuts, Chris and I met our friends, Lin and Julian, and their daughter, Alyssa, for a delicious lunch of Indian food. Lin is on the verge of having her second child at any moment! It was wonderful to see them and have an opportunity to visit. We can't wait to meet the new baby Chen when he arrives too.

Chris and I did make one more stop on our way out of town...a trip into Finale Bakery for triple chocolate cookies and one large Latte. They make the best chocolate cookie anywhere, and the best Latte to compliment it. We are those people whose travel is dictated by our favorite foods, it is true. Wistful of the clean streets and colorful Cambridge houses, we made our journey home to New Jersey. We were tired when we got home, but darn we look good!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

give us a picture!