Thursday, April 26, 2007

Still home for now...but maybe not for long!

It is just after 3am, and I have been up since 1am. I was having steady but short contractions (every 15 minutes, lasting for only 15-20sec.) up until we went to bed at 10:30. Chris got home fine from Connecticut, but was really tired from the crazy hours he had to keep the last few days. I was able to sleep until around midnight, and then still able to rest in bed until I got up at 1am. Sitting up, watching some TV and snuggling with the squirrels is helping to pass the time. My contractions are moving into the 10-12 minutes apart, and now they are lasting nearly a minute. Oh boy!

*that was another one*

So, the rule of thumb is that I don't go to the hospital until contractions are 4 minutes apart, lasting for a minute, consistently for at least 1 hour. I actually have an appointment at my Doctor's office at 9am, so the questions is, will things progress slowly enough that I will just go to the doctor's or will I be walking next door directly into the hospital? Only time will tell.

I won't be posting any pictures...Jessie, you will just have to use your creative imagination!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

BOO!
oh,I mean GOOD LUCK!