Monday, April 23, 2007

One week to Due Date!

















Final preparations are in the works as we are just over a week from my due date. I am holding down the fort at home while Chris is out of town overseeing a load-in for work. He sent me some pictures that he had fun creating this morning, which I am posting above. The first is titled, "RockStar Hair" and the second is "I feel so blue without you."

It is a beautiful, warm day in NYC, and I ventured into Manhattan to shop for the last couple items on my "get for baby" list. I am still trying to line-up a diaper service for our first month of babydom. Sadly, there is too little demand, and the only three companies I have found are all going out of business between now and June. We may be washing our own sooner than we expected...but we are prepared to do that if we need to.

Chris and I had a lovely Saturday adventure going to Red Bank, New Jersey, to visit our friend Ann Marie's parents, Ena and Richard Pirchner. They cooked us a delicious lunch at their house, and gave us a driving and walking tour of the beaches and neighboring towns in their area. The weather was sunny and gorgeous, and our tour guides were great fun to visit and get to know better. We are looking forward to returning now that we know how close they live (only 40 minutes to get there from our place) especially when the weather is right for spending the day at the beach!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I when to Red Bank while I was in NYC over the summer- I met up with some friends to go to a concert and we spent the day in town and on the beach... Cute place! I wanna go ;(

oh wait- I guess I live in a cute place with a beach. Sometimes I forget... busy busy

Jessie said...

that would be "I went"
b.r.a.i.n.d.e.a.d- derrrrrrrrrr