Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Signs of Labor?

My friend, Heidi, was giving me a pep talk about going into labor last night, and apparently our conversation was persuasive enough that I am starting to have some signs of early labor today. I was awake for several hours in the wee hours of the morning (a little bit of a pregnant lady's humor there...did you catch it?) so I came out to our living room for some quality nap time with the squirrels. They are always the prescription for getting me back to sleep. The three of us enjoyed another couple hours of rest, but during, I was aware of having contractions/cramps like I have not had in years. There are other signs, but my water hasn't broken...which is good as far as I am concerned, since I wouldn't mind if this takes a little while to go into full swing. From where things stand right now, it could be a day or days...but the time is definitely approaching!

Chris is driving back from Connecticut as we speak, and I am going to see if my contractions progress in the next few hours, and decide whether or not to have my midwife inspect the situation later this afternoon/ early evening. I was trying to give Chris an update when he suddenly said, "Gotta go!" and hung up on me...only to call back about a minute later and apologize for needing to chuck his phone when passing a law enforcement official...no talking on cell phones while driving in Connecticut!

So...this may be the beginning folks. I'm going to use these few hours until he returns to make sure I am packed and ready to go if need be...

love to you all!
-jess

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Oh my god I'm so excited I can't stand it.
send a picture of your face mid-contraction....