Monday, April 16, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

I am happy to report that after 1.5 days and around 8 inches of rain, people are starting to walk about outside without umbrellas, raincoats, and hip-waders. When Jan and Tim came to town, Jan brought her raincoat for me to borrow until I am able to fit in my own again...that has been very useful to wear in the last week!

I am experiencing more Braxton-Hicks contractions in the last couple days...they are "practice" contractions where my uterus suddenly becomes hard and feels like there is a football helmet under my skin. It is not painful, but definitely a little strange and uncomfortable. I guess it is just another sign that my body is getting prepared for the real thing.

I am starting to lose patience with my awkward body these days. I drop things just as fast as I pick them up, and my stomach is where my lungs used to reside. Where my lungs have been displaced is anyone's guess. My midwife said I would experience a loss of appetite once I reached this stage. I haven't lost my appetite, but go from feeling 0 to 100% full without any state in between.

Chris has the opportunity to travel next week to Connecticut to oversee a load-in for work. He will be gone for three days. It is a good deal for him to have the hours, since they will make-up for the week he is planning on taking off right when we have the baby...but we are both a little bit edgy about his being away at this time. If I need him, he is only 2 hours away.

Now that it is drying up out there, I am going to venture out to the grocery store. Until next time!

No comments: