Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A story about the power of instant Karma

Has anyone else noticed how life is speeding up these days? And the results of our actions appear almost instantly? I will give a case in point. I have been waiting for a package to arrive from Pittsburgh, containing my mouth guard, which I accidentally forgot there two weeks ago. The package was mailed 2nd day delivery, and should have made it to NJ by last Thursday.

Today, I thought about what I could do to help this package find its way home to me. I remembered that there were a few pieces of mail sitting downstairs in the entryway, that were delivered to our address by mistake. Those letters had been sitting there for at least a week or two, if not longer. I thought maybe my package had been delivered to the wrong place, and the best way to help matters was to return these pieces that I had to their rightful addresses. I walked out the door, and immediately saw my next-door neighbor. He received the first letter. Then I walked up about 10 houses to deliver the second parcel, and returned home when I was done.

Within the next hour, the doorbell rang, and a mailman was at the door handing me my package from Pittsburgh!

I know it might sound silly to some, but I do feel that my taking action helped bring the desired result. And I know my teeth thank me for that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the power of Butter!

Jess said...

tjb,

I don't understand your comment...

love,
jess

Anonymous said...

somewheree in the dark recesses of my feeble mind is a reason for this comment.

TV is the answer, commercials to be more specific. It will hit you when you least expect it. Don't loose any sleep.

Dad-e-o