Sunday, February 4, 2007

Beginning a New Chapter


Chris and I are beginning a new chapter in our lives. I have completed 5 months of commuting between NYC and Boston, where I had a wonderful collection of private piano students. This past week was my last week of teaching. I am really going to miss Boston, mostly because I will miss the families I have come to know. I will not miss driving back and forth between the two cities!

I have a lot of home projects to do now that I will have a few months before the baby is due. The baby is going to get the 2nd bedroom, which until now has been Chris' office. We have already begun rearranging the apartment. For every baby item we bring into the house, we are needing to eliminate or store other things to make room. After all of the moving we have done over the last 5 years, I have lost my sentimentality for all things that we don't use in our daily lives! I am going to be painting the kitchen cabinets, and finally assembling our wedding album from 2003. (I think that should be done before I start the baby book!)

The latest update on the Baby Boone is that all of my tests have come back normal and healthy. My OB's and Midwife (there are 3 in the practice I have been seeing) have some debate about when my actual due-date is...it falls somewhere between April 22nd and May 3rd. The picture above is of Baby Boone from my first ultrasound in December. I am having a second ultrasound on February 20th. Chris and I are going to try and resist the urge to find out the sex of the baby until it reveals itself on its birthday.

7 comments:

Jessie said...

hello!

way to blog- this should be fun ;)

Chris... I saw the desk (I think) at the end of the game? It was like a half a pie with a rectangle that jutted out the front. I think that part had a TV on it? looked good!

talk soon

Crystal said...

Hi kids and squirrels! This is going to be so much fun! I love it already.

Love, Mom/Grandma Crystal

Lee Hamill said...

Hi,

This is a great idea. We will be checking in often.

Love, Lee

Anonymous said...

Hi

This could be big fun but remember it does not take the place of frequent visits home.

Unknown said...

I think this blog is awesome. Everyone should read it.

Those Flanders said...

We want a copy of that picture!.. of the two of you. The squirrels look great as does baby Boone. I also want belly pictures...

Demandingly yours

Rachel said...

Can we still talk on the phone? This looks great. Ditto on the belly pics.

Much love,
Aunt Rachel