Thursday, February 8, 2007

Does the Baby like my piano playing?

I am getting reacquainted with my piano this week after not having played it for quite a while. Each time I start to play, the baby becomes so active, it is rather uncomfortable! If I were to imagine what is going on in there, I can either picture it holding up its hands and feet defensively, as if to push as far back from the sound coming from in front of it. Or, it is dancing to Chopin...

I think I am going to have to take up learning lullabies and quiet Nocturnes if it continues to squirrel around so much when I play. I am reminded of what my former cat, Greta, used to do when I practiced. She would run to the front door and paw at the doorknob, while meowing plaintively to get away. Didn't damage my self-confidence at all! (Please don't send me snide comments about the quality of my piano playing; it really did rattle me, and I have clearly not yet fully recovered.)

Even good piano playing is loud from in there ...that must be all that it is...

3 comments:

Jan Boone said...

Tim's snoring makes me kick and squirm. After I spent one night in the other room, Tim went out and bought a new vaporizor and Breathe Right strips. So far, it's better.

But I still can't hear your piano playing...anyway to put a music recording on the blog?

Jan

Anonymous said...

Hey I might have the problem figured out. I had a blogger account and now it is a google account so I have to log on in a different way.

We shall see.

thanks for the email

Dad-E -O

Jessie said...

it's about time he listened to someone about that snoOOOoring!!!!!

I could come play your piano for a while so that 'it' learns to like your playing? Maybe it just doesn't know what's its other options are?