Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Flat Lola visits NYC


One of my students from Boston, Monika, is doing a geography project in her second grade class, where they are each sending out a paper ("flat") character with a travel journal, and some instructions about where they would like to go between now and the end of the school year. I was given her character, Flat Lola, to see some sights in New York City.

On Saturday, Chris and I took Flat Lola on a subway ride, and a chilly walk to Grand Central Station, and the United Nations Building. Chris had never seen the U.N. building in person, and Lola was willing to accompany us there. We took pictures to be placed in Lola's travel journal, and will get a postcard to send back to Boston to report her whereabouts. She was shivering a bit from the cold temperatures, but otherwise was an excellent sport, and always wears a smile.

Lola is going to travel with us to Pittsburgh this weekend, and meet up with a friend who lives in Florida. One of the places Lola would like to go to is Florida, according to her journal, so we are trying to facilitate that possibility. She won't have to worry about shivering for much longer!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Monika can't wait to tell her class about Lola's adventures in NYC! Being a Red Sox fan, I hope she wasn't too intimidated by being in Yankee territory!

One He Loves said...

Hey, Jan just plugged me in to your blog! I love it already!

In some ways I envy that girl, Flat Lola. Hope she goes to Disney World.

Anonymous said...

Hi

for some reason my blog password won't let me into the system. Very frustrating.

Anywho... hope all is well. Flat Lola is a goddess. I hope she gets to visit Cincinnati as we are the center of the universe.

Looking forward to more postings. Hopefully blogspot will start to like me better in the future.

Dad-E-O