Thursday, February 22, 2007

Rainy Day in NYC

There is a steady rain coming down outside our apartment this afternoon. I spent my morning going to see my midwife. My midwife/OB practice is right next door to the hospital where I will be delivering the baby. It is located almost 30 miles from our house, in the town of Westwood NJ, and takes about 40 minutes to drive there. I really like that town...it reminds me of Sudbury MA, with lots of tall, mature trees lining all of the neighborhood streets. The town center is like a smaller version of Wellesley.

My appointment was good. The debate over my due date is being settled by the 3rd vote, my midwife. She said that from sizing my belly today, and considering all of the facts, she thinks May 3rd is the most accurate marker. She made detailed notes in my chart, and plans to establish a consensus with the OB's so there won't be further disagreement about it down the road. And, if I am earlier, so be it!

After my appointment, I decided to explore the town center of Westwood a bit more. Okay, there was a gem and bead shop that was calling to me...so I started there, but went on to the post office, and then took a little adventure to find the nearest branch of our bank. There aren't any local branches of our current bank (the one we left from Massachusetts) and until we change banks, I get to travel a little to make our deposits. It is a good way for me to explore, and acquaint myself with new areas of New York and New Jersey. I try to keep mental notes of which towns I really like, and which ones I want to keep driving through without stopping. Someday, we will probably want to be somewhere other than Jersey City.

I will say this, Phoebe and Annabelle really like watching out the front windows at both the squirrels in the trees, and the people and cars passing by on the streets. There is no shortage of activity throughout the day, and the view from the 2nd floor is extensive.

No comments: