Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Cabin Fever

It is a damp Tuesday morning here, and I am starting to catch a bit of cabin fever. I am working on painting our kitchen cabinets from a dark walnut stain to bright white. It keeps me occupied for a good part of the day, until my hand gets really tired from holding the big paint brush! I take lots of breaks so the smell doesn't overwhelm me, and it has been warm enough to keep a window generously cracked open.

We attempted to have some social interaction with folks from Chris's work on Friday. They have an office indoor soccer team that plays at Chelsea Pier on Fridays, so I met Chris after work, and we planned to grab dinner (with some other spectators from the office) and then go to the game. Everyone who was playing or going to the game opted to just work late rather than eat, and then the other spectators bailed from even coming to the game. Chris says it is a good thing that he and I enjoy each other's company, because that seems to be all we can rustle-up most of the time. It isn't that we had a very active social life in Boston, but I think moving to a new city, there was some hope that there might be different opportunities to meet people here. Plus, I had lots of social interaction from teaching lessons on a daily basis back in Boston.

Hope is not lost...but we are looking forward to the occupation the new baby will provide, since it will not be a sacrifice of some other social life we are already accustomed to here.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Now I feel even worse for not making it over to see you!!!

I'll be on Spring Break starting St Pattys- so if you get bored give me a call ;)