Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday morning

I have a few minutes before I go to meet my parents for the day. We are going to have some lunch at our place, and do a walking tour of Hoboken. It is a nice neighborhood to check out shops and restaurants, and I am also on a mission to find some sandals at a specific store there. Please parking fairies, work your magic for us today!

It was a sleepy morning. Neither Chris or myself could seem to wake up this morning, even though we got just as much sleep as we have been every night. Nursing takes a certain amount of alertness on my part (God bless my friends who can nurse in their sleep!!) so the very early morning session was a little more challenging because I was not very awake. -Owen thinks he can take the initiative and latch himself without my help, but he is mistaken!

We had a nice afternoon visiting with Lee and Dad here at our place. We went grocery shopping, and had an early dinner. We pulled out our newborn pictures of Chris and me, and gave them a chance to decide who Owen favored in his looks. They watched our movies from before and after the birth, and shared all of our wild tales from the hospital experience. Lee and Dad have offered to babysit so Chris and I could go out to dinner or a movie, or something that we can't ordinarily do on our own. We are going to have to put our heads together to decide how best to use this generous offer! (I think we are considering an afternoon movie...it may be rainy tomorrow anyhow)

I am due to jump in the car now and pick them up. Chris is going to attend Clambake at Lincoln Center today with his friends, Amir and Suzanne. They are going to meet their former professor, Deb, and see some of the work of their former classmates'. That should be fun.

Have a great weekend everybody!

-jess

No comments: