Tuesday, May 8, 2007

life at home with Owen



Hello Everyone,

Time for a progress report on the last few days with Owen. Yesterday was the first day that Chris returned to work, and that I was here alone with the baby. I was really nervous on Sunday in anticipation of Monday, but as it turned out, yesterday was quite a good and easy day. Owen and I were able to go out and walk to the train to meet Chris on the way home from work. (okay, he rode in his spiffy carseat and stroller, I walked.) I am feeling so much better these last few days, like my energy is finally returning...and my swelling has subsided too.

Owen is very easy-going so far. He has one hour or so of fussy time per day, and some mild protests when he is getting his clothes changed...but otherwise, he is very amenable to be wherever the people are. He doesn't struggle to fall to sleep, and we are already having a lot of improvement on the nursing front.

I am having to get used to not being able to get much done around the house, but the quiet time with him is really wonderful.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Looks like motherhood is agreeing with you! I like the practical look of the stroller...very sturdy and convenient!

Keep up the good work.

Love, Grandma Crystal