Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thursday Recovery

It is Thursday morning, and Owen is enjoying a long morning nap. He was out late partying (with our permission) at his buddy Xander's house last night. Xander is exactly one week younger than Owen, and I met his Mom, Nina, at the first New Mom's group I attended back when Owen was 3 weeks old. I remember the look of desperate exhaustion on Nina's face that day, and am glad to say that we have continued to keep up with our sons' development, and we both are feeling much more relaxed with the whole thing. Nina and Eric, her husband, hosted a "Margarita and Babies" party last evening...and now you know why Owen is sleeping it off...(just kidding!)

Nina did send us home with a very fun new item for Owen, a Bumbo chair. I have heard of them and seen them in the stores, but felt that the price was a bit dear for something that I had no idea whether he would enjoy or not. Nina had one that had been a gift, that Xander doesn't quite fit in, so we plopped Owen into it at her house, and he gave us a grin of approval. You can see him trying it out again this morning.


In other news, still no word on whether our furry basement visitor is still in the building. I simply had to do some laundry today, despite Chris warning me to avoid the basement until the matter is resolved....the boy needs clean diapers, and I will brave wild beasts to wash them if I have to! BTW, if you don't hear from me again in a few days, send for help.

We are all jumping in the car this Saturday morning and driving to Boston again. Chris is getting his haircut, and showing off the boy, and I will be "plunk-plunk, crank-cranking" (that's the official sound-effect of piano tuning) at Wheaton College. Oh boy! We are going to jump back in the car and drive all the way home again that evening. Wish us luck! Since I am returning to Boston on Monday morning and coming back to NJ on Wednesday evening next week (for more tunings), I have decided that if Owen doesn't completely despise his carseat by the end of next week, I am starting proceedings to get him nominated for Sainthood. He will have earned it with the miracle of patience.

Here are a few more fun shots from the last few days. Annabelle will do anything to be close to me, even rubbing on the camera while I am focused on Owen. Shameless!




I almost forgot to include a picture of Owen sleeping on his face. He is actually getting a rash on the center of his forehead from sleeping that way. Sometimes we check to make sure he is still breathing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess and Chris,
He is too cute!! I look forward to new pics and updates daily. I love the picture in the chair. What a cutie!!

Miss you all.

Aunt Beth

Anonymous said...

Seriously, he is a rock star. Soooo cute! That one of him on his face made me laugh out loud.

xox
Katie

Lee Hamill said...

Hi,
Owen looks cute in his Bumbo Chair.
Be careful of the beast in the basement.
We are glad you are looking for another apartment.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,
Thanks for visiting with little Owen.
What a mellow little guy with a great belly laugh!
Beth at Steinert's