Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Owen had his first immunization shots today


Owen is sleeping peacefully this afternoon. He saw the doctor this afternoon for his first round of immunization shots. Chris and I decided that we should go ahead and have all of the standard shots done for Owen, since we live in a huge, diverse city, where he could potentially be exposed to anything. Not being alarmists...just practical. Owen only cried after the 2nd shot, once he knew what was coming. Since we got home, he was crying more plaintively...I think the tetanus shot probably stings if it is anything like the last one I got! I put him down for a nap, and I think he somehow understood that the best way to avoid the discomfort was just to fall asleep for awhile. I hope he won't be too uncomfortable tonight.

Owen continues to keep me in awe. He is the easiest baby on the planet from my observations of the other new moms and their babies. Owen hardly ever fusses, and when he does it is obviously from actual pain, and not just moodiness. He usually wakes with a smile, and even 2 minutes after having his shots this afternoon, he was cracking smiles at me on the way out from the office. He is good at sleeping, consistent with his nursing schedule, and mellow and observant when he is not sleeping or eating. I can't imagine how Chris and I were so blessed to have him, but I am certainly grateful.

I stopped at babies r us to get Owen a summer hat, and did a few other errands on the way home. I had three different conversations with people telling me to enjoy every second because it goes by so fast. I can believe it!

Right now, my little O awakens...until next time!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

nice playland!
I got my tank in the mail too! thanks!

I'll call you guys soon- things are crazy...